Friday, August 14, 2009

Hold The (Stella) Phone...

It's almost time for me to head back to school... I'm very excited, but I'm going to miss Stella again. It's going to be sad, but we'll deal with it when it comes, as it comes.
I went to visit the horses tonight. Stella was doing well. Sydney also came back from trial at the therapeutic riding barn. I helped Larry do the stalls and feed the horses. Then, we went to the porch and sat down for a while. I got Abby to do some tricks, but I think she needs to learn some new, more challenging tricks. I'd like to teach her to pick up her toys or identify shapes, but I don't know how to do the former and I know it'll take me a lot of sessions to get her to identify shapes. I don't have time for lots of sessions right now--I'm going away :(
I gave Stella a great grooming tonight. She was dirty from being outside all day. She got a good currying, and then I brushed her off and went over her entire coat with a finishing brush. I put some spray-in conditioner on her mane and tail before combing them out. I picked her hooves and squirted some betadine on the hoof where she had her abscess. It's been so wet out that I didn't want it to get nasty again.
I did a little tiny bit of trotting her around the yard. We worked around the puddles, setting up, trotting circles, just walking and bending around. It was fun. Then she went back in her stall and I went home. It was nice. I'm going to miss her.

No comments: