Saturday, January 24, 2009

Last night was insane.

I went to the barn after I got home last night, and I spent a lot of time playing with Stella. She wanted to squiggle me, and I wanted to pet her and lean against her side. Eventually I just sat down in the sawdust and watched her eat. It was a lot of fun. I've really missed her this past week. 
Then, Elizabeth and her friend came over to see my sister. I scared them to death again with the same old gag--putting up my hood and walking up to the lounge window where they were sitting and chatting. I love hearing them scream. 
I also played with Abby in the aisle for a while. I ended up attempting a 007-style roll down the aisle. It hurt for a few seconds because I really threw myself down, but it was okay. Rolling absorbs a good part of the impact, as most equestrians will tell you :) Abby wanted to go back on the porch, so I took her back.
Elizabeth wanted to go out to the woods where all of the old things are, but I didn't think it was a good idea. We didn't have a flashlight or anything, and there are thick brambles, among other dangerous things, in the woods. We went down to the pond instead, which was fun. It was windy there, and we decided to leave shortly after. Then, we actually did try to go into the woods. I led the party because the others were scared. I walked straight on into a thick patch of brambles, which was not fun. Elizabeth and her friend went to get some flashlights, and we went out into the woods near the big vines. I started swinging on one of the vines and landed in even more brambles. Every time the trees would creak, one of them would start screaming. Then, there was some weird noise that sent Elizabeth and her friend running. They were the ones holding the flashlights, so it was pitch black while my sister and I tried to work our way through the sticks and brambles. My sister is still in the walking boot, and she was having a rough time. I picked her up and tried to give her a piggy-back ride, but she wouldn't center herself and we both ended up on the ground. Eventually we made it out of the woods, and then we walked most of the way down to the back field. They freaked out again at the opening to the field, and we walked back to the barn. 
It was crazy, but it was so much fun. I want to go back to the barn this evening.

No comments: