Sunday, February 15, 2009

This might be a long entry.

I have a lot to write about. First of all, I had a great weekend riding Stella and being at the barn. Second, we found something and it is SO AWESOME. 
I rode Stella on Saturday. It was a pretty good ride. My lower legs were doing something funny, though. I asked my mom to get a quick video of me posting the trot, and I realized that my legs were going everywhere. I was also in a chair seat. I'd suspected both things, even though I had no idea what the cause was. 
I also rode Stella today. Today was one of those rides where most everything was effortless. We were working together beautifully. I wish my mom had been around to get some video of me today, because I'm sure it was a wonderful sight. My hip locked once or twice, but that didn't bother me much. I just popped it back and rode on. It was the best ride I've had in a while. Larry also told me to take Stella out into the pasture. I walked and trotted her around a lot. I didn't canter because my hip locked again and I didn't want to push it. We had a great time trotting circles and serpentines up and down the entire pasture. Mindy also jumped Stella. I'm glad I wasn't jumping her. Mindy almost fell off twice because Stella pulled a few duck-and-spins, as well as stopping and spooking before a jump and then jumping it. I would've been in a world of pain; I haven't picked up my new bottle of painkillers from the pharmacy yet, and I have to jump tomorrow afternoon. Mindy rode her well, though, and Stella was a jumping fool by the time she got off. 
And...now for the thing we found in the woods. 
We walked out into the woods yesterday, farther than we'd ever gone. We found a very old trailer. The roof had caved in on the back side, but we could still go inside. We got up the gall to pry open the rusted doors, and then we found an old house from two decades ago. There were all sorts of things inside--old clothes, old books, old letters, old food in an old fridge...so much cool stuff. I just can't begin to describe it all. I took lots of pictures of everything. 

No comments: